- Why we collect personal information
- What personal information we collect and when it is collected
- How your information is used and protected
- When and with whom your information is shared
- What to do if you feel your personal information has been compromised
While we limit the information we collect, we do collect Personal Information when you:
- Place an order from our website
- Create an account on our website
- Return an item, make an exchange or submit a rebate
- Inquire about our products or services or contact customer service
- Receive a gift package
- Sign up for OJCommerce email updates or other promotional materials
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect Personal Information including:
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Transaction information
- Credit card, debit card, or checking account information
- Driver’s license number (in conjunction with merchandise returns)
In order to provide you with a better shopping experience and to improve the quality of our services, we may combine the information you submit under your account with other information that we may receive from you, from third parties, or with other public demographic information. We maintain this information, along with a record of your purchases, in a restricted database.
Also, our Website is not directed at collecting Personal Information from children and we do not actively collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
What do we do with the information do we collect?
At OJCommerce, we always want to provide you with the easiest and best possible shopping experience from the time you begin looking for products and services through the delivery of your requested items. The information that we collect lets us meet this goal by allowing us to:
- Customize your shopping experience
- Confirm, process and track your orders
- Provide the products and services you request
- Contact you with questions or status updates regarding an order
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Fulfill gift card orders
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Communicate product promotions, sweepstakes, great values and featured items to you
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send you OJCommerce email updates
- Improve our merchandise selection, Website, retail experience and customer service
- Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- Prevent or mitigate fraud and credit risk
- Administer billing and payment for your purchases
- Administer promotions, contests, sweepstakes and rewards programs
- Comply with applicable law, legal procedures, requirements, regulations and statutes
We collect personally identifiable information (such as first and last name, credit card number, home address, e-mail address and telephone number) that you provide when you make a purchase; create or edit shopping lists; participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion; fill out a survey or questionnaire; sign up for a program or club; contact the Company (by e-mail or otherwise); contact the Company's customer service representative; or otherwise interact with the Company.
The information you provide to us may also be combined with demographic and other information that is available in order to allow us to better communicate with you and enhance your shopping experience.
For purposes of this policy, information regarding your children that you (the parent) provide to the Company is treated in the same manner as information collected about you.
How do we use and share personal information?
Using Your Personal Information
Your personal information is used by the Company to enhance your relationship with us, respond to your requests, tailor offerings to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings and events or programs offered by the Company or their marketing partners that may be of interest to you. The Company may also use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate data (which does not allow an individual to be identified, contacted or located) is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of the Company to communicate with you, and for internal analysis and management purposes.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We will not license, sell or provide your personal information to any unaffiliated third party except as permitted by this policy or with your consent. We share your personal information as set forth below:
With and between our Brands:
With our Service Providers:
In Connection with Business Transfers:
In the event that a store, division or part or all of the Company (or the assets of one of those entities) is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, customer information will likely be included among the transferred business assets.
To Comply with Laws:
We may also disclose specific information when it determines that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and guests, the Company or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How do we protect your personal information?
We use industry standard security techniques on the Sites to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at the Sites. When you access your account information or transmit personally identifiable data to the Sites, that information is stored on servers that the Sites have attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. "Secure Socket Layer" software encrypts all personal information you transmit to the Sites. We cannot be and are not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
What are cookies and how do you use them?
How can I opt out from receiving communications?
From time to time, you may receive periodic telephone calls, mailings or e-mails from us with information on special promotions, upcoming events, products and services or other offers from us or our marketing partners. You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the e-mail received. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law. You may opt out of receiving mailings or telephone calls by completing the online form here. Please note that if you ask us to remove your name from a mailing list, your name will be removed from all of the mailing lists maintained by the Company. In addition, your personal information may be retained in the database for record keeping purposes and for internal research and analysis.
How can I update or change my personal information?
You may update or change your personal information by completing the online form here. To change your shipping or billing information for OJCommerce orders, log on, select "My Account" and make the appropriate changes.
This Web Site does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, in contravention of these measures, it will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law).